RSS

The day I turned Twenty Three

I remember when I was young, birthday is always the lovely day to be waited every year because there would be cakes, presents and celebrations waiting for me. As I grow older, birthday no longer the day I looking forward to because it indicates another day of me growing older. Adding numbers toward my age is not feeling that good.

At the same time, you will start to notice who are your true friends that remember your big day, plan something sincerely or buying presents just to make you feel that you are the happiest girl on the day. Even a simple wish will do.... seriously. A simple call, a simple text or the willingness of sparing their time to wish or celebrate with me simple make me feel glad that I have them as a true friend.

On the other hand, I believe that birthday is not a celebration for myself. I rather treat it as a day to send my gratitude towards my mum who gave birth on me on this day 23 years ago. The pain she suffered to bring me to this world and I am here now standing healthily . All of this happen just because of her. Without her, I wouldn't be here celebrating with all my friends.

That is the reason why I have been trying my very best to take care of my sister on behalf of my mother. At the same time, I volunteered to celebrate Vesak Day or even organised for UNIBUDS because I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Buddha for giving me such a great mum. Mothers' Day, Vesak Day, My sis's Birthday and My birthday all happen in May. That is the reason why May is the best month of the year for me.

If you ask me what do you think about your 23's birthday? I would say that I was surprised. Seriously I was shocked with the surprise given. Thank you everyone who put in the effort in making it happens. :)


"Happy Birthday to myself, Wee Han, Justin and Kassie. All the 14th May Babies. I wish every single one of you had a lovely day yesterday."


P/S: I love you mummy! ^^