RSS

I am a Personal Assistant

What is the role being a personal assistant? A lot people ask me this question... so let me answer all of your question here. =)

It is similar to the role of secretary for a CEO/Manager/Boss. So what is the role of secretary? You need to pick up calls, reject the calls in a very polite way for your boss if he just doesn't feel like talking to that person, take note of all his appointments, make coffee for your boss and clients, and of course you must have the skill to deliver the coffee gently, lend your hands to your boss whenever he needs help even though it is your break hour etc.

However, as for my current job, I take care of the Accounts Payable too so I need to deal with all the suppliers as well. If there is a call for me, it is not good. All of them are chasing me for money. =.= So basically this is my current job scope.

Out of sudden, I mention about this because... this morning, my general manager forgets that he has an appointment with a client. With my reminder call for him, he just asks me to make the client a cup of coffee. *This is my first time making coffee for client* I cant remember when was the last time I made a coffee because after I came oversea, I am having those 3 in 1 coffee only IF I am having one. This also reminds me that how long I didn't make a cup of coffee for my dad. In my whole life, he is the only person who asks me to make him a coffee. When I mention MAKE... I mean really make it... with how many teaspoon of coffee beans & how many teaspoon of sugar & how much portion of milk etc.

When I was in high school...

"Hong Gee... Make me one cup of coffee!"

"Yier.... Why always me one? Why not Hong Ing?"

Then I'll go make the coffee unwillingly for him showing my black face then pass it to him.

When I was back in Penang during summer holiday...

"Hong Gee... I know you are the one who can only make me the BEST coffee in this world. PLEASE~~~"

He will then put a smile on his face like a kid.

"Yea lahh.... Of course lah! Okay~~~"

Then I will go to make him the coffee happily and feeling that it's my honored to make him this cup coffee. In my opinion, I think he feels the coffee tastes sweet more than caffeine flavour. =)

Back to my story... and then... I made the client a cup of coffee! Trial and error. Keep testing the taste. LOL Don't worry... I'm still a "professional" personal assistant. My saliva didn't drop any in it. Usually, as I am working in a hotel head office, when my manager needs coffee, he just instruct me to order from the hotel. What I need to do is just bring the coffee from level 1 to level 2. That's it. However, today my finance manager ordered 5 cups of cappuccino too as there were other guests too. *while the client was still there*


In the end... the client had the coffee that I made. *sure tak boleh one* but I had the cappuccino made by the hotel. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH. I know I'm lame. But I just feel like sharing this story around.


P/S: Monday is Public Holiday! But semua orang exam... =(

1 comments:

Hean said...

Learn to make espresso based drinks! You have no idea how much I miss my coffee machine when I go back to Malaysia.