RSS

Peng Hwa Hokkien Mee

My youngest sister is having an extra holiday computer class for a week. I was assigned to fetch her back after her computer class on 10.00am. Suddenly, I wish to have the Peng Hwa Hokkien Mee as breakfast because it has been a long time I have not had it after I graduate from Peng Hwa High School - Penang Chinese Girls' High School.

The Peng Hwa Hokkien Mee was located in Peng Hwa High School for such a few decades. I could remember that the uncle and auntie were both selling hokkien mee once I entered the high school. Things change when I was in Form 5 - year 2005. In a few reasons, the uncle and auntie did not sell it in the school anymore but shifted to the coffee shop which located just opposite Peng Hwa High School. And of course, the price rises from RM1.20 to RM2.50.
Today, I went to the coffee shop to have a try. The taste is still the same as the old days. It tastes really special especially for the Loh Mee because they mix the "Loh" and "Hokkien Mee Soup" together and come out with a different type of Loh Mee. You should have a try on it.

Hokkien Mee...
Besides that, I would specially recommend the "Salt-Fish Fried Rice" in the same coffee shop as well. It is really nice and delicious. If you would like to taste the 3 dishes mentioned above only, you could go there in the afternoon. During the night time, there would be plenty of stalls there and you wouldn't know which stall to order.

Salt-Fish Fried Rice...

P/S: I'll go back to Peng Hwa to eat the Peng Hwa Char Koey Teow :)

1 comments:

KOKahKOK said...

miss peng hwa d hor? hehe...go back study la....re-study! den can eat everyday liao!